Grace On Rainbow

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eavesdropping . . . .

Sometimes it is a wonderful thing to eavesdrop on your children's conversations. I'm sitting here working on invitations for our Spring Banquet when I start to listen to the conversation going on at the kitchen table. . .

Noah: I think that's what I want to be.
Avery: Do you know what I want to be when I grow up Bubby?
Noah: What?
Avery: I want to be a missionary. . .

(Mommy's heart melts at this point - and yes I am crying).

Noah: Well . . . (pause) . . . if that's what God wants for you.
Avery: Yeah I know.

(Mommy still crying) Remember - sometimes it's good to stop and listen to what those around you are saying.

It is SO wonderful to be a mother. God has reminded me of this fact time and time again this past year. Have a wonderful afternoon everyone - the love of my life is coming home at 2:00 so we can see him before he heads out to Nashville (I'm so thankful that he has a job that provides for our family, but we sure do miss him when he is gone).

To God's Glory - Lisa

0 comments: