Grace On Rainbow

Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting caught up . . . or at least attempting to

Well my crew is at Scouts tonight. Bob took both kiddos with him - so I thought now might be a good time to try and get somethings caught up on here.

I thought I would start by showing you some of Noah's music program and his graduating class from Children's Music Academy. We are so proud of him - he has really worked hard this past year and he did a wonderful job. We are still waiting on finding him a private teacher until things get a bit more settled here and we know exactly where we will be - but I am still planning on putting him in the Homeschool Orchestra this coming fall.

Yes - Even the mom's had to be a part of the program. For the past 3 1/2 years we have sat with and practice with the kids - that is one thing I have loved about this program - you do not just drop the kids off and know nothing about what they are doing. You are responsible just as much as the kids are.
The kids have to know all the notes on the grand staff. Their goal was to be able to say and play all the notes within two minutes. Noah was able to reach level 4 - saying and playing all the notes - there were days however that it was done with much frustration and tears, but he stuck with it and was SO excited when he did it.
I think this was one of their favorite songs 12 Bars Blue (Brush Your Teeth) - Although I got pretty sick of hearing it by the time it was over because not only did Noah like it but Avery did as well and the only part she knew was the chorus.
Along with piano and ear training - the kids also got to know the basics of the recorder. Now comes one of his favorite things - the guitar. I know I am a proud mama, but can I just say that he did amazing at picking up the guitar. He loved it. Bob and I really want to get him started on guitar lessons, but we are trying to find someone who will teach him classical guitar (not such an easy task). This is Mrs. Carlin - his music teacher.Noah's Diploma along with the rose he gave me that night.
(Yes I cried! ! !)
We are so proud of you Noah. . . you are a joy to have in our lives.



0 comments: