Grace On Rainbow

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Simplify - Bedroom Face Lift

Well with the kiddos gone to Aunt Kris and Uncle Bill's house and Bob gone for the week for work I decided that I wanted to tackle our bedroom. It's not that I didn't like it - I was just in the mood for something more modern - a little more simple - and a little less frilly. I hadn't started spring cleaning yet because I knew that once I got started I wanted to do a lot more than just wash everything down.

Here is how I had the room decorated before. I still love this quilt set that I bought in Branson a few years ago so I put in my hope chest to pull out when I get back in the mood for a more "frilly" look.


This however has never been a point of "love" for me - I actually have learned to despise glass doors - from "trying" to clean them to praying that no one will slip and fall through them. So what does one do when they have had enough of glass shower doors . . . you take them out of course. Now mind you I did "Google" this first so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting myself into. I believe my dear husband will very soon be revoking my "Google" rights as it has led to more than one home improvement project for me.

Ahh . . . much better


Now the next thing I did not "love" in our tiny bathroom was the "oak" storage cabinet behind the toilet. With our bathroom being so small, I really needed to keep the storage space so I wondered if I could paint it . . . off to "Google" again and of course you can - I have found out that you can paint almost anything.


So out with the cabinet and on with primer and paint.


But wait why stop there - I also did not like the vanity and medicine cabinet . . . so out with them as well and on with primer and paint. So after a week of priming, painting, scrapping, scrubbing, bleaching and Google-ing here is our Simplified bathroom


I ended up painting the cabinets black and then sanding the edges to distress them. I found this beautiful shower curtain at Wal-Mart (sorry the picture is a little blurry) and it worked perfect with the room.


Next I redecorated the dressers . . .


my poor husband thinks there has been a greenery explosion in our house . . .


I found this great metal art at Gordman's and then put vinyl letters over the top
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength". . . one of my goals was to have writing (either scripture or words of encouragement in every room of our house) - I think I am almost there.


And finally here is a look at the room now - Bedspread was from Target. Pillows, curtains, and rug were from Wal-Mart. I can honestly say that I LOVE our new simplified bedroom.

Have a wonderful day everyone - Lisa

0 comments: