Grace On Rainbow

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life is changing around the Allen House










Can you believe it. Now Grandpa (Allen) if you are reading this - don't pass out. Life is truly changing around the Allen house. Noah is no longer my little boy. OK I don't know if he was ever really "little", but he certainly is growing up to be a fine young man. Cub Scouts has been so good for all of us. It has really allowed him to develop in areas of leadership and responsibility. So Daddy thought that it was time that he have his own knife. YES . . . I know I was thinking it to, "but he's so small" - "what if he slips" - "how much does an ER visit cost" - "are you sure they can sew back on fingers!" Crazy I know. . . but that was the Mommy in me. So we went to Wal-Mart and Daddy and Noah headed off to the knife counter and Mommy and Avery headed as far to the other side of the store as we could get. I said I was changing . . . I didn't say it was a finished work yet. Well as soon as we got home he found the "smallest" stick he could and began his wittlin' . . . If our prayer life were measured during the day, I would have to say that this is where mine hit its climax. But he did a great job. Actually he is very careful and responsible. The boys will actually earn their wittling chips this year in Scouts, so it is good practice for him. Although I believe they are suppose to start with soft pliable soap -I will have to talk to his Den Leader about that :-)


Well that wasn't all the surprises for this little boy. Danny Peacock (one of the guys from our church) invited Bob and Noah out for a campout. Noah's first. Grandma's I tried to get Bob to take the camera with him, but I don't think he thought it was too manly sitting around with a bunch of guys snapping photos of his son's FIRST CAMP OUT ! ! ! Ok just had to add that for Bobby's benefit when he reads this. I'm actually the one that never remembers to bring the camera, and when I do I always forget to take it out of the car or the battery is dead ! ! Well Sissy and I had a great girls night . . . we crafted, ate cookies and popcorn, and watched Little House on the Prairie - What more could you ask for in life?

So off I go to make desserts for Fall Festival today and six quiches for Men's Prayer Meeting tomorrow, which may be interesting considering I have never made a quiche before. Oh well we shall see.


Have a great day everyone - Lisa




0 comments: