Grace On Rainbow

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Prayer Request . . .

It has been a long week. We have been working every night at the Bilingual Church, which has been such a wonderful blessing. It is amazing to me even now as I sit and think of this past week. God is SO gracious - He provided a way for us to serve others and to take our minds off of ourselves and on Friday. What an amazing and loving God we serve and I praise Him for allowing us to serve Him even when our life is so unsettled.

Tonight we were a part of SBBM's (Springfield Bilingual Baptist Ministry) Wednesday night services and our friend and pastor of the church Esteban had everyone stand in a circle and offer prayer for our family and the court date this Friday. One of the men offered prayer over our family while Esteban translated. Even though I was only able to catch a word here and there of the Spanish prayer - it was so soothing and comforting to hear the words and a wonderful reminder that God hears our cries in any language. It was truly humbling for us.

This leads me to my prayer request. It is for our son Noah - We are blessed to have a son who loves the Lord like I have never before seen in an 8-year-old before. His heart is so tender and sweet. However, with that there is a price. He is very much aware of what Friday could bring for our family. We have never shielded him from the court date - the details yes - but never from knowing that there are consequences that come even from accidents. Tonight after we were home and he was settled into bed - he cried and struggled with not wanting Friday to come. As a mom I cannot tell you how this breaks my heart, yet I also know that God will use this in his life. One day he will remember how God took care of our family over this past year and during this trial and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he will be stronger for it as well. Still as his mommy I struggle watching him cry and fear for his Daddy and I can only hold him and tell him that we must trust God and that He is and always will be in control. After the tears had stopped and Daddy prayed with him he has settled in for the night for some much needed sleep after a busy week - so I just ask that you would please remember to pray for Noah and God's grace and understanding to his precious and tender 8-year-old heart.

We continually thank God for each of you and the love and prayers that you have all offered. There are no words that could ever tell you how much they have ment to our family.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:24

0 comments: