Grace On Rainbow

Friday, November 19, 2010

It was only a matter of time. . .

So I knew that it was only a matter of time before one of the kiddos ended up with a real emergency (other than an ear infection or strep) . . . well wouldn't you know who it would be.

The boys were suppose to be going camping with the scout troop, but instead Bob spent his evening at Urgent Care with Sis-aroo. I was in the bedroom folding clothes - the kids were running around the house playing hide and seek - and I heard Noah ask Avery if she was alright and then Avery start to cry a little bit. The next thing I know Noah is SCREAMING and running into the bedroom that Avery is hurt bad. I run out and find Avery sitting on the bench in the dinning room holding her foot and blood is dripping from her foot and splattering on the floor. Noah is completely freaked out - Avery is crying (which is sooooo not her) and the boys are getting upset. I send Noah outside to get Bob who is trying to pack for the camp out - I try to look at her foot to see how bad it is, but by this time it was stinging and hurting pretty bad. I could tell that it was cut pretty deep from the amount of blood, but couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from. We wrapped her foot up - Bob loaded her in the car - and off they went.

I called a million times (at least I'm sure it felt like that to my poor husband) - I am such a mom, they didn't even get to Urgent Care before I called to see if they had seen her yet. By this time she was her normal Avery self - chattering in the back seat. They finally got in to see the doctor and I got a phone call from Avery.
"Hello......Hi Mom. Guess what I'm getting? A manicure."
"Do you mean a pedicure? Who is doing that?"
"The nurse."
"Know what else? I got wrapped up in warm blankets right out of the dryer."
"How are you doing?"
"I'm good Mom. Is Noah there?"
"Yes, but let me talk to your Dad".

So according to Daddy - they gave her 4 numbing shots, which she didn't even cry one tear over - Bob said she sat there and held his hand and breathed through her nose and out through her mouth like the perfect patient. The doctor came back in and now she has 6 stitches in her foot. We have to take her back next week to get them out, so hopefully getting them out will be as easy as getting them in.


This is the picture Bob took when she was getting her "pedicure".

Okay - I have officially had a full day and am going to try and relax a bit before putting two little munchkins to bed and before my girl gets home with her wonderful Daddy.

Lisa

0 comments: