Grace On Rainbow

Friday, November 19, 2010

Playing Catch-up . . . Noah's Birthday Party

Okay so I am just over 4 months late on getting these up here, but I really do have a good reason . . . . lets see . . . . well we did get 3 more kids two days after the party - Does that count? Okay not for the grandparents I know. . . but late or not here you go.

This year Noah wanted a Lego Party - so what could a mama do, but to grant that one small wish - only it ended up being quite an undertaking (all due to my own doing of course). So I will block out the 12 hours it took to make the cake - or the 3 days it took designing, printing, and making all the goodies - or the trembling hands as I prayed to God that Bob did not hit a bump to hard as I held on for dear life to the cake as we transported it across town. I will forget all of that for this one thing . . .

My son had a GREAT 10th Birthday and lets face it - you only get to the 2 digits once in your life.



So here is the cake, what you can't see is the real Legos holding up the back as it began to pull away from the cake due to the 5 pounds of modeling chocolate. I made each of the bricks by hand by cutting out rectangles and then placing 8 small dots on top and "smooshing" them down a bit.



Here is a picture of the marshmallow Lego heads - I wish I would have remembered to take a picture, but I decorated one to look like each person in the family. I must say that Bob's was the best with the goatee and glasses.


Here is the goody table. Each of the kids got a mini Lego car to build and then we built a race track so they could race them. One of the first games was to guess how many Legos were in the jar. Now I don't even remember, but I think there were like 350 or something like that . . . and yes I really did count all of them.




This has to be one of my favorite pictures. Xavi always cracks me up with his enthusiasm and his smile. Here you can see the badges that I made for each of the kids as well. They all were "Official Lego Builders".


I found the composition books at Wal-Mart for 25 cents a piece and they matched perfect with the Lego colors.


Here is a picture of the mini water bottles I did. It's not a really good pictures, but at least you can get the idea. On the back I put this "nutritional label".











This is what our daughter looks like when she doesn't get her way. . . . I think I would have picked a better place to pout than over the trash can, but I guess it fits her attitude.


Okay this is a much better picture . . . well not so much the picture, but better attitude in the picture.




All sisters need to help. . . right.


Oh the joy of being a boy with Legos.


I'm not sure what he was pointing at, but it was just too good not to include. LOVE the expression on his face.


I found Lego t-shirts at Wal-Mart (Avery is wearing the original shirt), but of course they wouldn't fit all of us, so I decided to cut out the front image and sew them on to larger t-shirts for the rest of us and then I took the Lego logo block at the bottom and sewed it onto our sleeve.

So there you have it - a lego party for my sweet 10 year old "not so little" boy.

Have a wonderful day everyone - Lisa

0 comments: