Grace On Rainbow

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Wonderful Reminder . . . .

I have read and purchased several of Elizabeth George's books. I find her writing - simple, encouraging, to the point, and filled with scripture. She does not manipulate the word of God to make it say what is not there, nor does she hide and skirt-around what is there. Often times we forget that even when the world does not like to hear the truth, it does not make the truth any less valid. God's word is truth and need not be sugar-coated. We do people an injustice when we allow them to manipulate God's perfect and holy words into something more palatable. We need to remember . . .

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

II Timothy 3:16-17

I just began reading Mrs. George's book on trials and find it not disappointing. I wanted to share just a few of the things that have encouraged me . . .

Life need not be easy to be joyful. Joy is not the absence of trouble,
but rather the presence of Christ.
(William Vander Hoven
)

I think far too often we as Christians expect life to be without sorrow or pain or trials or tribulations . . . yet God clearly says that because we are Christians we can and should expect them . . . .

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
II Timothy 3:12

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

What an amazing truth we loose site of so quickly. Being a Christian does not prohibit our trials but rather guarantees them. Yet even through our trials God gives us grace and mercy . . .

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I Corinthians 10:13

I am
thankful to know that through my trials, which I will have, I have the grace and promise of the creator of the all things that He will bring me through them. What an amazing God we serve. One that truly is worthy of our love and adoration. No matter what we may be going through during this time - it does not take away or lessen who God IS ! ! ! He is always deserving of our love and worship - praise and adoration. May this video remind you of who we serve. There are several versions of this song - one that I thought about putting on was with clips from the movie Passion of the Christ - but to be honest I have a hard time watching this - I know it is probably not even a glimps of how our savior died and the pain and anguish He bore for each of us, but my heart breaks everytime I see it protrayed through this movie (and I'm sure that was their point in making it).


Next Monday, July 20th is our new court date. I wont share everything now, but please pray that God will continue to be glorified through this time in our lives. I know I do not always mention it, but we would specifically like you to be praying for the hearts of the family of the gentleman who died. Death is sometimes the "untalked" about subject - but lives go to eternity everyday and no one knows when it will be. Please pray that the hearts of this family will be open to hear from God and be moved to bowing their knee to Him. It is a difficult time and I will not pretend to say that I am "overwhelmed with joy", but I am confident in the Christ who gives me strength daily.

Go ye therefore - Lisa

0 comments: