Grace On Rainbow

Friday, April 11, 2008

Are you Up for a Challenge ? ? ?

Okay today I woke up with an idea for a challenge. I would like to challenge each of you to a Six Week Strength Training Challenge. Now this is not just simply for your physical body, but for your entire body and soul . . . how's that for a grab your attention headliner :) I am going to call it Close To Thee
This is from a song that a wonderful lady from our church use to sing. I love the words of the song:

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Each Friday I will post about three topics:

My Spiritual Journey: God is really challenging me personally to have a closer relationship with Him. I have neglected the most important relationship I have or will ever have - and that is with my King and Lord - Often times we think a 5 minute prayer is doing our Christian duty, but if I spent 5 minutes talking with my children or my husband a day or even a week I don't think I would have a very good relationship with them. God calls us to that fellowship with Him. He wants to be the one we turn to in times of joy, sorrow, and uncertainty. Right now I am reading through I John and having that Love for God. John is a plain (often times) step-on-your-toes kind of author and I need that right now. Christians (including me) have allowed God to be not only pushed down in our priorities, but lessened in who HE is. HE is my Creator, my breathe, the one who IS and who always WILL BE. I on the other hand am simply HIS Creation. So I truly pray that each of you will take this journey with me - as together we learn to walk closer to our Creator.


My Physical Journey: Dealing with a healthier lifestyle - this could be menu ideas, tips, or just thoughts of what the week was like -With Spring here (I think) I really have been in the mood to get back outside and start walking again - I've missed it this Winter and it is beginning to show :)

A Mother's /Wife's Journey: I think that most of us need encouragement in this area. So this is just an extra area I would like to add. I know that being a mother and a wife is sometimes not the easiest thing that God has called me to do, but He has called me to do them and I need to honor Him in how I speak and act towards my children and my husband. I don't think anyone has perfected this area - but I think we can all encourage each other.

If you would like to see just these posts I have labeled them as Close To Thee so just click on the link on the right hand side and you will be able to view them all.

I pray that together we can take this short journey together that will lead to a lifetime of closeness to God and each other.

Have a Wonderful day everyone. - Lisa

0 comments: